January 3, 2012

Back to Normalcy

Every time I say that I am reminded that I believe that there is really no normalcy. I mean yes there is a routine but "normalcy?"

My mom in-law, the other day went on her rant about "the new normal" that you are often told to believe after someone close to you passes. She ranted so long it pissed me off and I said, I don't believe in this new normal, wtf, this ain't normal! My mother is dead! And I refuse to say this is my new normal! That's a load of crap just some way to make it sound better - anyway she started crying. I felt bad. We are both hurting...

So it got me thinking about acceptance and how hard it is to accept things, and I don't understand why. I am a logical person, it should be right? I mean if we accept certain things about life, just as they are, shouldn't death be one of them?

Accepting that I was an alcoholic took few years. Changing my life to the new none drinking normal is still going on. It's been a month since mom died. I guess this will take a while to get used to, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep moving forward!