January 30, 2012

Keeping It Real and Sober!

I hate hearing that another one of us has died form this crazy disease. But yet there is another drunk dead. I don't meant to be harsh, this is very sad. She has apparently been drinking for a while and fell down the stairs at her home. When found hours later she was dead. Yes this is what happens. "Institutions, jails and death".  It's scary. It's mind boggling. It is inevitable for those of us who never get sober.

I know this now and have absolutely no doubt about it. But it took some time to get it thru my thick head.  The first time I heard of drunk death, was when I guy about my age decided to cross the 6 lanes of local highway at night.

I don't know why some of us don't get it. I don't know why I finally got it. But I do know it requires constant awareness, this shit kills! I have to remember this, I have to keep it real and fresh. Because life gets better and I forget where I've been. And I already have been to institutions and jails. For me only death is left. So I'll keep coming back. This is the softer easier way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep moving forward!